Tuesday 2 February 2010

At last Martha is playing ball

Emily since day one of adopting her has always been crazy for playing ball. Charlie didn't know how at first but once he got the idea there has been no stopping him since. He loves to play and when he is playing he totally focused on Dave and me. It's helped with so many of his problems over the years.
As I knew this I wanted to get Martha hooked on the same game. This has not been easy as Martha is quite a serious dog and whilst I have taught her many things, including a formal retrieve she has never wanted to chase a ball.
Finally I think we have a breakthrough, now when I get out the toys for Charlie and Em she is looking for her ball and she even runs for it...
Not as repetitively as the other two but at last we are making progress.
I think she is just beginning to have fun with it. Its only taken 4 years! It would be nice for her to lighten up a bit and play more maybe she will one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment